**LATEST UPDATE Jan 13**
Restaurant no longer operating!..replaced by City Spices
Entertainment Voucher 09/10: 25% off (up to a value of $30)
Samari’s Cafe was introduced to me by my colleagues and I frequent this place once in awhile for take-away lunches ever since I started working in East Perth. Occasionally, we also come here for celebrations and this time round we had lunch here to bid farewell to one of our trainee draftee who had decided to go to uni to study mechanical engineering. Good on ya JP, although now I’d lost someone to play tricks on!
The cafe is located along Victoria Avenue within the Aaron’s Suite Hotel and specialises in Asian and Cambodian cuisine, including Vietnamese, Chinese and Thai food. Their lunch menu boasts a huge variety and they offer an all-you-can-eat lunch deal on Fridays for $10.50 – a great bargain!
Samari’s Cafe is a fairly decent sized restaurant and are popular with the working crowd as I often see large group bookings there especially people from my building. It has both an indoor and alfresco area and has great sitting arrangements, your choice of normal tables or booths.
Our Senior Engineer bought us a bottle of white wine that day, the Element Classic White from Sandalford. It was a great wine, not too heavy, perfect with our lunch.
For lunch we had the following:
- Fried Kwai Teow - fresh flat rice noodle, stir fried with chicken breast, mixed seafood, egg & vegies
- Rice & BBQ Pork - steamed rice served with roasted BBQ pork, pickled and chilli sauce
- Pad Thai - thai dish with chicken breast & king prawns, egg, chilli, a lemon slice & peanut
- Basil Stir Fried with Chicken - braised chicken breast stir fried with fresh basil, vegies in basil sauce & chilli paste
- Fried Rice & Chicken Satay - fried rice with chicken satay sticks served with satay sauce
- Rice & Salted Pepper Squid - steamed rice served with salted crispy squids, onion, spring onion in special salt & pepper sauce
- Rice & Seafood Curry - steamed rice served with mixed seafood & veggies in red curry sauce
All the dishes above were lunch specials and cost $10.50 each except for the Basil Stir Fried Chicken which was a main dish and costs $14.95
The food came out and looked great as can be seen in the photos! They were decent sized meals too which made them all that worthwhile. I had the Pad Thai that day and liked it – I usually order this dish when I eat here or one of their curries. They are very generous with the peanuts on the Pad Thai unlike some restaurants who only sprinkle a few bits on top of the noodles. This is a + for me as I love nuts! I went round the tables asking for comments on the food and everybody liked their dishes, so no complaints there.
Service is great and prompt, another good point to take note of especially during the peak lunch hour. You can also download their menu online and order ahead which saves time – that is what I normally do for their take-away. A great place for lunch!
Rating: 3.5 out of 5 stars
Rating by: N.L.
Telephone: 08 9218 9255
Address: Aaron’s Suite Hotel, 12 Victoria Avenue, East Perth
A photo to commemorate the farewell lunch…the cool sparkies + a structural engineer + a designer + a draftee.