Entertainment Voucher 09/10: 25% off (up to a value of $15)
A group of us was at a retreat in Scarborough one weekend and decided to have breakfast somewhere nearby and ended up at Toscanini’s Cafe. There are a number of Toscanini’s Cafe around – in Perth, Applecross and Bicton. The one we visited was located inside the Sorrento Quay Boat Harbour in Hillarys.
Toscanini’s is opened for breakfast, lunch and dinner and is located at a premium location with a panoramic view of the blue ocean and the Harbour, speckled with boats and yachts. I love the feeling of the crisp morning air while basking in the warm sunshine having a meal and coffee. Toscanini’s meets all these requirements and more!
For breakfast that day, we had:
- Lattes, Long Macchiato and a Milkshake
- Scrambled Eggs on Toast ($9.90)
- Eggs Florentine ($17.90) – Two poached eggs with spinach on toasted English muffin and chef’s hollandaise sauce
- Fresh Fruit Salad ($12.90) – Fresh seasonal fruit with Athena Greek yoghurt and toasted almonds, served with cinnamon French toast
- Vegetarian Breakfast ($18.00) – Eggs, tomato & mushrooms on toast. Includes coffee/tea with orange juice
- Ricotta & Strawberry Jam Toast ($8.90) – Served with fresh strawberries and toasted almond
All the breakkie dishes came out looking awesome! They use very fresh ingredients and I couldn’t wait to dig into the food. I had the Vegetarian Breakfast and loved how they heaped up the mushrooms, a plus for me. It also came with a coffee and orange juice which I thought was a bargain! I also tried the Ricotta and Strawberry Jam Toast which was quite yummy. The bread was still crisp even after sitting there for awhile and the ricotta/jam/almond combination was nice especially topped with big slices of refreshing strawberries. All in all, everyone thought the food there were great.
I will definitely recommend this place for their breakfast and lovely atmosphere. Service was ok – order had to be placed at the counter but dishes brought out to the table.
Rating: 4 out of 5 stars
Rating by: N.L.
Telephone: 08 9246 4406
Address: Shop 53, Hillarys Boat Harbour, 39 Southside Drive, Hillarys